FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

A private limited company is the most popular business entity in Singapore. It has a separate legal status from that of its shareholders. Directors have limited liability for the debts and losses of the company. It usually has the words “Pte Ltd.” as part of its name.


  • Shareholders are not personally liable for debts and losses of company
  • Benefits from local company tax incentives and exemptions
    Benefits from special government grants
  • More attractive to investors
  • Better growth potential – can go public and publicly raise funds

Companies must maintain ongoing compliance with ACRA/IRAS. However, you can outsource the compliance to us.

Yes, we can draft your own Constitution

Yes, indeed required. – Singaporean/Permanent Resident.

They do not need to hold Shares in the company nor any CPF or Income tax to be paid for them on their director fees.

NO need. We can handle documents remotely. Please speak to our friendly customer service officers.

No Capital gains subject to the tests on badges of trade.

When a person is deemed to be trading in properties, the gains from the sale of properties in Singapore are considered taxable income. Whether a person is deemed to be carrying on a trade will depend on individual circumstances.
To determine if a person is trading in properties, IRAS applies a set of guidelines known as the “badges of trade”. IRAS considers the facts of each case against the criteria of the “badges of trade” to determine whether the gains are taxable.

Examples of these criteria are as follows:

  • Frequency of transactions (buying and selling of properties)
  • Reasons for acquiring and selling of property.
  • Financial means to hold the property for the long term.
  • Holding period (a period greater than five years is normally considered as a long-term investment)

There is currently no concept of “Doing Business As” in Singapore where a trade name or fictitious business name, under which the business or operation is conducted and presented to the world is not the legal name of the business or legal person(s) who actually owns the business and is responsible for it. If you would like to conduct or operate your business using a trade name you can either incorporate/register another company/business using the trade name or you can register a trademark for the trade name. If the trade name is not registered, it cannot be used for any official documents including opening of bank account, issuing of invoices, application of licences, etc. All official documents including invoices of a company/business must contains the Company/Business Name and the Registration Number.

The procedure for Employment pass is not automatic and subject to approval by Ministry of Manpower basis the application.

The approval for credit facilities is mostly to Singapore resident owned companies and on case-to-case basis on the business proposals.

Only when the threshold of Sales of SGD 1 million is to be crossed at a given time. Please speak to our customer service officer for further details.

Yes. To MOM for EPOL account, ACRA (by company secretary). IRAS auto updated from ACRA, CPF, Bank, Customers and Suppliers.